Exome capture of specieswide representatives of Leadbeater’s possum: reconstruction of the past to plan for the future
How are species management actions informed by knowledge of the evolutionary history and exome variation of populations of Leadbeater’s possum (Gymnobelideus leadbeateri)?
This project will provide information for species recovery managers on candidate sources of gene pool mixing with lowland LBP, the nature of the difference among forms of LBPs, risk assessment of outbreeding depression during gene pool mixing, identification of any highland populations needing genetic rescue.
- Paul Sunnucks (Monash University)
- Dan Harley (Zoos Victoria)
- Alexandra (Sasha) Pavlova (Monash University)
- Joseph Zilko (Monash University)
- Kevin Rowe (Museums Victoria)
- Jeremy Austin (University of Adelaide)
- Zilko JP, Harley D, Hansen B, Pavlova A, and Sunnucks P (2020): Accounting for cryptic population substructure enhances detection of inbreeding depression with genomic inbreeding coefficients: an example from a critically endangered marsupial. Molecular Ecology, published online 06 July 2020