We have used low coverage genome sequencing of one male and one female ghost bat (Macroderma gigas) to identify sex-linked genetic markers for conservation genetic research.
- Kym Ottewell (Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions, WA)
- Kyle Armstrong (University of Adelaide / South Australian Museum)
- Dr Margaret Byrne (Dept of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions)
- Peter Spencer (Murdoch University)
- Rujiporn (Elf) Thavornkalapachai (University of Melbourne)
- Ottewell K, Thavornkanlapachai R, McArthur S, Spencer PBS, Tedeschi J, Durrant B, Knuckey C, Armstrong K and Byrne M (2020): Development and optimisation of molecular assays for microsatellite genotyping and molecular sexing of non-invasive samples of the ghost bat, Macroderma gigas. Molecular Biology Reports.